Madison always has an event going on, but it can be hard to know where to go or what events you should choose! Not to worry, the hosts of the I Love Madison Show will be your guides to all of the fun, funny and delicious things to things to find in Madison. On this episode, the hosts Neil Mathweg and Caleb Jahr highlight a few of the events in Madison for you to enjoy, like the Madison Food Tournament, The Game of Magnets, and the 2018 USA National Yoga Championship!On this episode, the hosts Neil Mathweg and Caleb Jahr highlight a few of the events in Madison for you to enjoy! @NeilMathweg @CalebJahr #ILOVEMADISON #MADISONWISCONSIN Click To Tweet
What’s happening around Madison?
There is always something to do around Madison, especially in the summer! From the farmer’s market to the Crossfit games, there is something for everyone. The MIL hosts will be out and about all summer to explore local events (and probably find new challenges for Caleb). Make sure to check out Concerts on the Square, as well as the Flavors of Wisconsin. The Game of Magnets is also in full swing, and Caleb Jahr may be milking a cow in the very near future!
We need suggestions for the next food tournament
So far, the residents of Madison have voted on the best burgers in town, as well as the best cheese curds. For the third installment of the Madison Food Tournament, we need your suggestions for what food to vote on next! There is a poll on our Facebook page with a few suggestions, so please head over there and vote, then get out and help us determine the next champion of delicious eats!For the third installment of the Madison Food Tournament, we need your suggestions for what food to vote on next! @NeilMathweg @CalebJahr #ILOVEMADISON #MADISONWISCONSIN #MadisonFoodTournament Click To Tweet
Check out the Yoga National Championships, happening right here in Madison!
The Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is dedicated to creating economic impact through tourism. The effects of our “invisible industry” benefit everyone living in Dane County in key areas including jobs, community services and quality of life. This year, the GMCVB is hosting the USA 2018 National Yoga Championships right here! Come celebrate yoga in beautiful Madison, WI with athletes from around the United States, yoga classes, yoga demonstrations, and a wide array of merchandise!
I was recently asked to be on a panel for a LinkedIn Local event, which is hilarious because just over a year ago, I declared that LinkedIn was not a social platform. This event was an amazing opportunity to connect to other business professionals from Madison! The fact that we were all present made it easier to follow other people’s profiles and connect!The LinkedIn Local event was an amazing opportunity to connect to other business professionals from Madison! @NeilMathweg @CalebJahr #ILOVEMADISON #LinkedIn Click To Tweet
Outline of This Episode
- [1:30] June Dairy Month
- [5:00] We still need a milk cow…
- [7:30] The flavors of Wisconsin
- [8:30] Caleb vs. The mallards
- [9:30] The Game of magnets: The first prize bag has been selected!
- [14:00] Neil recaps his experience at Disrupt Madison
- [22:00] Concerts on the Square is coming up!
- [25:00] Check out the ILM YouTube Channel
- [26:00] The next food tournament – you choose the food!
- [31:00] The Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau is hosting the 2018 USA National Yoga Championships!
Resources & People Mentioned
- Concerts on the Square
- Flavors of Wisconsin
- True Coffee
- I Love Madison YouTube Channel
- Text the word “ILoveMadison” to 44222 and get all the updates from I Love Madison!
This Episode’s Sponsors:
- Chris Reese of American Family Insurance
- Abbey Wentland of Fairway MortgageCopyright 2017 Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation. NMLS#2289. 4750 S. Biltmore Lane, Madison, WI 53718, 1-877-699-0353. Other restrictions and limitations may apply. All rights reserved.
- Kelly Roettger of UniKern Studio